- Worked with the schools in developing school/business partnerships.
- Provided speakers to schools, when requested, to discuss career opportunities.
- Worked with schools in setting up career fairs for secondary students.
- Provided sites for visits, job shadowing, student internships and teacher externships.
- Served as a resource for schools in helping obtain funding from local businesses.
- Worked with parents and community organizations on involvement in the educational process.
- Developed a Community Guide to the Lynn School Budget helping the community better understand the budget process.
- Provided business volunteers for Junior Achievement programs in elementary and secondary schools.
GRANTS AND FUNDING
- Provided literacy grant to Washington Community School for entire kindergarten reading program.
- Received grant from Verizon to provide library books to Tracy school.
- Purchased WE DO LEGO kits for Washington STEM grade K-5 regular day program to introduce robotics to elementary school children. As children progress more advanced kits are provided.
- Provided funding for school personnel to attend summer workshops on classroom management and on data analysis.
- Provided funding for Summer orientation workshops for new teachers entering the Lynn Public School system.
- Beginning in 2007, provide programs in Financial Management and Fitness, conducted by American Consumer Credit Counseling, to seniors at Lynn English, Lynn Classical High Schools and 8th graders at Breed Middle School.
- Funding for Lynn English ROTC Program.
- Funding for the LVTI Robotics Team.
- Funding for Symphony by the Sea concerts for students at Breed Middle School.
- Funded Ford School Learning Through Music Program in cooperation with The Boston Conservatory of Music.
- In 2013, awarded funds to the Breed Middle School for Chris Herren presentation on Drug Abuse.
- In 2013, provided funds to Breed Middle Schools Math Team.
- Provided a classroom Jeopardy Game Kit to each of Lynn's five High Schools.
Contributed over $1,600,000 to schools, teachers, and community groups in the form of grants, for creative and innovative programs
Obtained funding through the Library Power Grant helping to place librarians in all schools and purchase books for each school library
Obtained grant from General Electric to set up a Natures Classroom Program in Lynn Woods for children of Lynn
Worked with Lynn English High School to obtain EdLink Grant from Verizon to expand school’s computer Cisco Academy
Obtained grant for distribution of 100 copies of Africana Encyclopedia to all Lynn schools, community organizations, and public libraries
ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
Since 2009 provide Robert Hastings Jr. Journalism Scholarship to a graduate of a Lynn High School. This award is in memory of Robert Hastings who died suddenly while serving as President of this Foundation
Provide the Dr. George F. Laubner Award to one fifth grader of each elementary school and one eight grader of each middle school. This is a $50 gift certificate to a local book store and a certificate for academic achievement. Dr. Laubner served as Superintendent of the Lynn Schools. This award is presented at a School Committee meeting in May each year
Since 2010, funded one student to attend a three week residential Summer Learning and Leadership Program offered through Northshore Education Consortium conducted at Endicott College
Each year provide funds toward the Lynn Hispanic Scholarship Foundation
Award Lynn Business Education Foundation Scholarships to graduating students from five Lynn High Schools selected by the Guidance Department of each school